Today’s episode is all about YouTube SEO. Craig is joined by Josh Howard, YouTube expert. Josh shares his knowledge about how to rank your video #1, and how to be successful in constructing a dynamic script and structure for your channel and individual videos. He also shows this information in action by analyzing Castos’ YouTube page, as well as Ahrefs’ YouTube channel.
Josh Howard started his analytics journey with website SEO before transitioning fully to YouTube. He used his love of math, statistics (and spreadsheets) as a foundation for understanding how to succeed on YouTube. He helps his clients make better content, utilize YouTube in valuable ways, and understand the analytics behind their videos to maximize the performance of their channels.
Do you have any comments, questions, or topic ideas for future episodes? Send Craig an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, if you feel like our podcast has benefited you and it might benefit someone else, please share it with them. If you have a chance, give Rogue Startups a review on iTunes. We’ll see you next week!
- People don’t go to YouTube to buy things, they go for free information
- Where SaaS companies should put their YouTube content
- Targetting search trends and potential
- YouTube, the middle of the funnel
- One keyword, one article, one time
- The balance of evergreen and timely content
- Analyzing Castos’ YouTube channel
- Constructing YouTube playlists well
- Keeping long-form content relevant
- Call to Action on YouTube videos
Reach out to Josh on Twitter
Connect with Josh on LinkedIn
Check out Josh’s personal website