Craig and Ed chat about all things bootstrapping, personal branding, social media, and growth trajectory. They also do a bit of catching up. Ed provides a unique perspective on these topics in addition to trying to convince Craig to move back to Europe.
Ed is the co-founder of OpenCage which provides a geocoding API (which converts geographic coordinates to locations around the world). He also organizes Geomob which is an event series (and a podcast) that meets in London, Barcelona, and Berlin. Geomob provides a relaxed forum for geoinnovation and for geospatial enthusiasts. He is also an angel investor (occasionally) whose interests include geo, API-based businesses, developer tools, aggregation, SaaS, and messaging, based out of Berlin, London, and Barcelona.
Do you have any comments, questions, or topic ideas for future episodes? Send Craig an email at email@example.com. As always, if you feel like our podcast has benefited you and it might benefit someone else, please share it with them. If you have a chance, give Rogue Startups a review on iTunes. We’ll see you next week!
- The story and vision behind OpenCage and Geomob
- Ed’s “Business Card” Tab
- Founders being active on social media
- Branding should be about the company and not the founder
- Promoting on LinkedIn and moving to Mastodon
- The future of Twitter
- Finding the balance of what you can share with the public and what to hold back
- Being invested in a podcast/podcaster’s journey
- The framework of successful in-person meetups and events