Today Craig chats with podcaster and speaker Colin Gray about podcast marketing, community opportunities, and branding. Craig and Colin share their unique perspectives on the business of podcasting based on their years of experience as podcast hosts, CEOs of successful podcasting companies, and their passion for helping fledgling podcasters make their mark. Besides discussing their podcasting journeys, they also do a deep dive into how Colin promotes and nurtures a sense of community and how he utilizes Circle as a funnel for Alitu.
Colin is a podcaster, international speaker, PhD and founder of The Podcast Host and Alitu. Colin has had more than a decade’s experience in podcasting. His mission is to help everyone get their voice heard. Before diving into the podcast world, he started out in astrophysics.
Do you have any comments, questions, or topic ideas for future episodes? Send Craig an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And as always, if you feel like our podcast has benefited you and it might benefit someone else, please share it with them. If you have a chance, give Rogue Startups a review on iTunes. We’ll see you next week!
- Alitu, The Podcast Host, and Colin’s podcasting journey
- Podcasting and the tumultuous economy
- A place for mindfulness and staying mentally focused and healthy
- What Colin learned from Tim Ferriss’ interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger
- What does community mean to Colin and Alitu
- How does community engagement fit in with customer journey?
- Mixed business models
- Education on podcasting available to the community: YouTube and the Castos Academy
- How do you know what type of customer to spend your time and energy on?
- Credit cards, commitment, and churn
- Big company marketing versus little startups