On this installment of Rogue Startups, Craig gets the chance to speak with Marcus Taylor, founder of Venture Harbour. Venture Harbour is a unique business in that it does not provide a service or product, but rather exists to build ventures.
Marcus started Venture Harbour, because he didn’t like having a boss and wanted to have a space where he could build interesting companies. At present, he has a small core team and about thirty remote contractors from around the world.
Join us as we talk about building and maintaining a startup; how Venture Harbour functions and thrives; and what tools have helped us on our journey.
- How he focuses on high value aspects of Venture Harbour
- The shifting model of marketing content
- Working in six week phases
- What reaching stability means for Venture Harbour
- Responsibilities of being a company’s founder
- Hiring the right people and delegating responsibilities
- How Marcus and his employees plan for the future
- Helpful business tools and apps