An early warning sign from our previous plugin topic leaves us back at the drawing board. With a few lessons learned now it’s time to have a better way of identifying problems, and solving problems.
Our previous topic of an on-page user analytics tool similar to a CrazyEgg, KissMetrics type analogy, specifically for WordPress came up against a pretty major barrier: an established competitor with no obvious weaknesses. In fact this plugin merits a mention: WP-Slimstat is a great looking plugin and one that Dave and I very well may check out in the near future on our sites.
Going forward we each came to this episode with 5 new problems to solve, and ideas to validate:
Craig’s List Include:
- Crowdfunding campaign for WordPress
- Premium Podcast Player
- NinjaForms Drip integration add-on
- Self-Hosted Speakpipe analogy – voicemail for podcasts and bloggers
- Stripe analytics dashboard within WordPress
- Headline A/B split testing or Giveaways plugin ala Kingsumo
Dave’s List Include:
- Analytics connector for Drip, EDD
- Polldaddy revamp with better integrations
- Genesis slider plugin fork
- Aweber Web Form Plugin
- Advertising manager plugin
As before we’re going to go back to the market and see about existing competitors in these spaces and really dive deep into 2 of each of our favorites. We’ll report back in soon with an update on that research and some decisions on what direction we’re going to take.
Enjoy the show this week? Leave us a five-star review on iTunes and tell us why you love our podcast. If not, send us feedback via Twitter @RogueStartups or leave us an email at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.