Today Dave and I are excited to welcome Dave Collins of Software Promotions to the show. Dave is a figurehead in the bootstrapped software space as being an expert in site design, layout, and conversion optimization. Being a regular speaker at conferences such as MicroConf and Business of Software, Dave is an authority at all things SEO, Marketing, and Traffic.
Whether you’re interested in organic or paid traffic acquisition you need to know where to start, and maybe more importantly who to trust, as you begin your site’s development. Through the episode we dig into:
- How mobile optimization is affecting SEO rankings
- The trouble of tracking analytics across multiple devices for one user
- What alternatives there are to Google Analytics, and if they’re worth the cost
- What’s the future of AdSense, and has it priced itself out of the market for Bootstrapped Founders
- Where’s a good place to start with Facebook ads
Lastly we wrap up with Dave’s insights on a few resources that we as founders can use to better both our organic search ranking and get the most out of our paid acquisition campaigns.